There are two ways to install RunScribe on the Heel, with clips or silicone adhesive.
RunScribe ships with a set of clips which have different thicknesses. This is to provide you with a secure clip across a variety of thicknesses.
- Select the clip size that fits the heel of your shoe and is snug.
- Slip the cradle into the clip (Tab Up), pressing down until you hear the cradle "click" into place. The click lets you know that the cradle is secure.
- Slip the clip over the shoe, then snap the RunScribe into the cradle. Make sure you hear a "click" which tells you that RunScribe is securely locked into the cradle
Silicone adhesive cradles are available as an add on (not as part of the RunScribe kit). A perforated cradle is available for those who want to run with RunScribe on their heel and don't want to use a clip. Silicone adhesive, like SUGRU brand, will only work with shoes that have a rigid back. Adhesive is a semi-permanaent mount. It cannot be reused, but can be removed without causing damage to the shoe.
- Roll the adhesive into a ball
- Press the adhesive into the back of the cradle, allowing the adhesive to push into the cradle perforations. This ensures a strong grip.
- Press the cradle with adhesive into the heel of the shoe. Let set for 4+ hours to harden. Be patient. Wiggling or testing the cradle can reduce the efficacy of the adhesive.
- After the cradle is securely adhered to the shoe, clip RunScribe into the cradle. Make sure you hear a "click" which tells you that RunScribe is securely locked into the cradle.